This precious family reminds me so much of our own years ago. While life was so chaotic when they were little, I wouldn't trade it for the world. (I do wish I'd kept a journal, though!)
"The days are young, but the years are short."
What advice do I have for mothers in this stage of life?
- Give yourself grace.
- Keep a journal, seriously! Even if it's just writing a sentence a day in your calendar, planner or notebook.
- Download the "1 Second a Day" app or something similar.
- Take lots of photos, and be sure YOU are in some of them!
- Keep regular date nights with your husband, whether once a month, week or quarter. If your budget doesn't allow, then trade babysitting with friends and just have a dinner at home with no kids or distractions.
- Above everything else, spend time in God's Word and in church with a community of believers. This summer, look for area churches offering Vacation Bible School, backyard Bible clubs and other activities. If you don't have a church home, I'd love for you to try mine!